Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Studio Footage: The Funnest Painting Ever!



This is the first painting of the rest of my life--
Stay tuned for future updates...this will be interesting!

###

As of early September, 2013:
The decision has been made to paint the background of this painting red with a transparent glaze of Alizarin Crimson.  Going over these gray-greens will darken the ground considerably and make the figure stand out. 

 
Next, a spin off project:  Create a painting using this painting as subject matter.  I'm going to use a couple of the hay canvases...See the post entitled, "A Painting of a Painting."
 
###
 
Today I attempted to flip the dried hay mat painting--OMG!
 

 SUCCESS!
And the finished product is not very heavy--the grommets embedded along the top edge should be able to hold the suspended work...the next experiment.  I'll let it dry for a few more days with this side up and then see about hoisting it up!

 
I couldn't be more pleased with the success of this project.  More are on the way!
 

 

2 comments:

  1. I couldn't stop watching your videos on this project, James!
    Great experiment!
    -Inge-

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much, Inge--I appreciate your time and comment. Let it rip!

      Delete